Friday, December 26, 2008
.
What does a bored person do? A bored person blog, bored blog bored blog bored blog
blogg borrred blrob blrob blorb blob blob blob ~~ You can't say it too fast can you?
Ayeah, I was discussing abt twilight. I shan't go much into details abt that book. Anyway, it did brought up my attention to something else. It's regarding critics. Heh, I might not have an eye for what's considered a good book or show, cause I'm not well read or watched ._. but! a bad book or a bad show is a book or a show that doesn't capture my short attention span!
That was in my context. e.g. A textbook is a bad book. ._.
I pondered on this thought for awhile only just recently, oh, maybe a few mins ago. lol. The critics online, are they really enough to make me not watch a show altogether?
Sometimes, those critics does stir something within me. Negative thoughts abt the show or not, I can't remember ._.
But one thing I do know is, almost all the movies I want to watch are given bad critics!
Is that pure coincidence or have I got really bad taste? =(
Due to that, I couldn't entirely watch my show as I've been swayed by that. So I resorted to erhh, yea, what you guys usually do to save those shillings. Eh, but I got cheated once, because I went to watch a show which had a very bad critic to it, but I thought it was good!
It made me think. I feel that sometimes, these bad reviews could actually be just a safety net for these critic people( what do you call them, ._. criticers.. criticisers. lolol. heck.)
You see you see.
If these people stood on the side claiming that the movie is bad, saying the way the cast acted like mm, 3 year old kids in a school play. Ah well, now if the general audience manages to skimp pass these critics and catches the show, and said: "o.0? ooo~ not bad not bad!" Haa, I guess, people will still take the critics for their word, and in fact, gives it more credit as it notices too much details, and has an eye for catching the "artistic" points of the show, thus they are good critics. ._.
But if we change it the other way round, these people says.. the film is good and the general audience beg to differ and said it's boring. Now now, it doesn't reflect well on that critic doesn't it. The review could be accused of being shallow.
So my friends, sometimes, other people opinions on the show doesn't really matter. If you like it, watch it! =)
And that's what I'm going to do now like in the past, who cares abt the critics unless they're going to play a part in deciding a okay-but-not-compulsory movie to watch. =D
Posted at 5:38 PM